The new Seiko Astron GPS Solar Novak Djokovic Limited Edition is based on the
new chronograph caliber that was introduced to great acclaim at Baselworld 2014.
This remarkable caliber, like all watches in the Astron collection,
adjusts to your time zone* on earth at the touch of a button so that,
no matter where Novak’s quest for tennis glory may take him,
he always has the exact time on his wrist.
*Time zone data as of January 2014. Changes to time zones occurring after
this date are not programed and manual adjustment may be required.
Seiko Astron – the world’s first GPS Solar watch —
remains accurate wherever you travel around the globe, adjusting to your time zone with the press of a button.
- The Astron revolution continues with the addition of a chronograph that brings new levels of functionality to the Astron series and redefines what a GPS Solar watch can deliver.
- The Astron Chronograph case is 30% smaller than other Astron timepieces and the same size as most mainstream multi-function watches thanks to energy-saving advances that enable the use of a smaller GPS antenna.
- One-touch activation of the GPS function is now complemented by an electronic setting function in the crown that simplifies operation.
Seiko strives for perfection in watchmaking; we always have and we always will. When Kintaro Hattori founded the company in 1881, he was determined that Seiko should be ‘‘always one step ahead of the rest’’, and we live today by this creed. This is why, when the opportunity to work with Novak Djokovic arose, we welcomed it immediately. In Novak, we see someone who shares our desire to be the best and who is determined to maintain his status as a leader.
Since turning professional in 2003, he has won 47 ATP titles (as of June 2014) including six Grand Slam trophies, the Australian Open (2008, 2011, 2012 and 2013), Wimbledon (2011) and the US Open (2011). He also led the Serbian team to victory in the Davis Cup in December 2010. The 2014 season has started strongly for Novak, with wins in Indian Wells, Miami and Rome. Off the court, Novak is the UNICEF Ambassador for Serbia and has an influential and active charitable foundation that runs educational and sporting programs for disadvantaged children.
The case back carries Novak’s name and signature with each watch’s own serial number engraved beneath.
- GPS controlled time and time zone adjustment
- 6-hour chronograph (1/5 second increments)
- Perpetual calendar correct to the year 2100
- Signal reception result indication
- World time (40 time zones), Daylight Saving Time and Power Save functions
- Accuracy within +/-15 seconds per month
(without receiving a time signal and at temperatures between 5°C and 35°C)
- Case: Diameter 44.6mm, Thickness 13.3mm
Stainless steel with rose-gold color coating with ceramic bezel
Water resistance 10 Bar, Magnetic resistance 4,800 A/m
- Glass: Sapphire crystal with super-clear coating
- Band: Extra-strength silicone with three-fold clasp with push button release
- Limited edition of 2,500 pieces